Sidmouth indoor bowlers celebrate their past season
- Credit: Archant
Members of Sidmouth Indoor Bowling Club celebrated the end of season with a supper and prize presentation at the Blue Ball in Sidford, writes Ron Cook.
There were 67 members at the event. Following a splendid meal the awards were handed out.
Captain Ron Cook presented the ladies pairs trophy to Jill Bishop and Ann Elwood. The success was Ann’s first major competition win. Ladies captain Mary Turber handed over the men’s singles championship trophy to Tony Brown who has now won the honour no fewer than four times.
Amongst other awards handed out, Bob Seldon and Brian Barber received the men’s pairs trophy.
In all a total of 64 individual members were up for awards as a result of the years competitions which shows the depth of talent in our club.
You may also want to watch:
Closing the evening Jill Bishop was presented with a bouquet of flowers in recognition of her tremendous achievement in winning the Devon County ladies Champion of Champions trophy. A great success and honour for the club as a whole
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start