Sidmouth indoor bowlers celebrate their past season
- Credit: Archant
Members of Sidmouth Indoor Bowling Club celebrated the end of season with a supper and prize presentation at the Blue Ball in Sidford, writes Ron Cook.
There were 67 members at the event. Following a splendid meal the awards were handed out.
Captain Ron Cook presented the ladies pairs trophy to Jill Bishop and Ann Elwood. The success was Ann’s first major competition win. Ladies captain Mary Turber handed over the men’s singles championship trophy to Tony Brown who has now won the honour no fewer than four times.
Amongst other awards handed out, Bob Seldon and Brian Barber received the men’s pairs trophy.
In all a total of 64 individual members were up for awards as a result of the years competitions which shows the depth of talent in our club.
You may also want to watch:
Closing the evening Jill Bishop was presented with a bouquet of flowers in recognition of her tremendous achievement in winning the Devon County ladies Champion of Champions trophy. A great success and honour for the club as a whole
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients