Sidmouth indoor bowlers enjoy good start to new campaign.
- Credit: Archant
It has been a good start to the season for the Sidmouth men, writes Carol Smith.
They played away, and won handsomely against our good friends and neighbours Madeira (that’s at Exmouth not in the Atlantic ocean!).
The overall score was 58-37, with the best rink being Brian Goodbeer, Bill Sheerman and skip Bob Sheldon, winning 24 -6
There was also a friendly match against Vivary Park Taunton in which we managed to win on all three rinks with the overall score being 60-44.
The top Sidmouth rink was the one of Val Newnham, Sylvia Cook and skip Wendy Limpus, with a score of 21 -14.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, on Sunday, we played a mixed friendly at home against Axminster and although we won two out of three rinks, we also managed to lose the game overall by 56 shots to 50.
However, it was a case of well done to the best rink, which was the one of Pat Hague, Derek Mountford, Ted Button and skip Jane Painter.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Talking Newspapers set to restart service