Sidmouth indoor bowlers wrap up another season
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a long winter season indoors – seven months of a very full schedule of games and competitions, writes Susie Bonnell.
To mark the close of the indoor season, Sidmouth Bowling Club traditionally have a closing drive.
It’s always a time of laughter and fun and this year was no different. The winning teams from each session were:
11am – Sheila Palmer, Jenny Crow, Paddy Wrench and skip Wilf Radburn.
2pm – Mary Smith, Teresa Herbert, Sheila Ingyon and skip Freda Humphries.
You may also want to watch:
4.30pm session – Len Catford, Rob Wheaton, Sylvia Cook and skip Eileen Hewett.
For those who also bowl outdoors, the closing drive brings a mixture of sadness that the season’s over but excitement and anticipation for the outdoor opening drive the next day.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
For the indoor captains, who have had a very long and busy season of duties and responsibilities, in particular for ladies’ captain Mary Turner, who did the full seven months as captain, they can relax and enjoy a well-earned break.