Sidmouth Indoor Cricket League heads for final-game decider
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The winner of Sidmouth v Clyst Hydon will be crowned champion as the two teams meet in the final game of the Sidmouth Indoor Cricket League New Year season.
As it stands, both teams are on 15 points from their seven games having won five and lost two. Crucially, Sidmouth boast a better wickets for/against difference so if the game where to be tied, they would be crowned champions.
It is the second time in as many seasons that Sidmouth have been involved in a winner-takes-all finale having squared off in the 2019 winter season against Upottery.
In the last meeting between Sidmouth and Clyst Hydon it was Sidmouth who emerged victorious with 140 runs to Clyst Hydon's 106.
So far this season, Clyst Hydon have taken 25 wickets but lost 35 while Sidmouth are joint-top takers alongside Newton Poppleford on 34. They have lost 30 in return, the second highest in the league behind Clyst Hydon.
You may also want to watch:
The Sidmouth v Clyst Hydon decider starts at 10am on Sunday, March 15.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon