Sidmouth Indoor Cricket League triumph for Upottery
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Upottery were crowned winners of the Sidmouth Leisure Centre Indoor Cricket League.
The villagers will represent the league in the regional finals after they topped the table by three points from second placed Sidmouth.
Upottery, playing for the first time in the competition, won all but one of their seven games with their lone defeat coming at the hands of Clyst Hydon B.
Sidmouth, the defending champions, won five of their seven games, losing only to the eventual champions and also to Clyst Hydon B.
Newton Poppleford took third spot with their record of four wins and three defeats.
You may also want to watch:
In the seven team final table it was Tipton St John who ended with the wooden spoon as they lost all seven of their league outings.
The next season begins in early January when Chard are also entering a side.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
The final table
P W L F A Pts
Upottery 7 6 1 47 53 18
Sidmouth 7 5 2 69 55 15
Newton Poppleford 7 4 3 65 47 12
Clyst Hydon A 7 4 3 48 48 12
Clyst Hydon B 7 4 3 51 65 12
Clyst St George 7 3 4 74 58 9
Ottery St. Mary 7 2 5 40 40 6
Tipton St. John 7 0 7 24 52 0
F = wickets taken; A = wickets lost