Sidmouth Jeweller’s joy for Lester Willmington
- Credit: Archant
Last Friday should have been the first round of the Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was rained off, but this week, the weather was excellent, writes John Barnard.
A change for this year’s competition is that although it will still be a stableford competition, it will be played off the white tees.
Taking advantage of the good weather was Lester Willmington.
Lester has been in good form recently and has been looking dangerous off his handicap of eleven.
He didn’t start well, but got to the turn with 17 points. A slow start coming back as well, but birdies on holes fifteen and seventeen meant a 20 point back nine and a convincing three point win.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Aston Puckey, leading five players all on 34 points!
Nineteen points on the back nine was enough to get him ahead of the other four, despite no score on the last!. Bob Andrews was third.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth