Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Anderton
- Credit: Archant
The third Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won for the second time in succession by Jim Anderton, this time with 39 points, winning on countback from Steve Johnston, writes John Barnard.
It was a solid round of golf by Jim with eleven pars and nothing worse than a bogie. Pretty much the opposite for Steve.
Off his handicap of 19, he had a remarkable four birdies but also some double bogies and no score on two of the last three holes which cost him a win.
A bit more consistency and his handicap will fly down. In third place was Mike Knight with 36 points.
Mike is enjoying a good start to the season and had a couple of birdies but a no score on the ninth proved expensive
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league table, David Burgess extended his lead to four points as Kevin Legg couldn’t play in this week’s competition. Jim Anderton’s recent wins has pushed him into third place but still nine points behind David who is consolidating his early good start.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival