Sidmouth Jewellers joy for David Fish
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by David Fish with 40 points, writes John Barnard.
David is a new member and has done well in a couple of seniors competitions, but this was his first time in the prizes in a club competition.
Playing off a handicap of 16 (now 15), he managed eight pars (six being three pointers) with only two double bogies to offset them.
In second place was Charlie Miles, another new face to the leaderboard.
Playing off a handicap of 21 (now 20), his highlight was a birdie on the ninth hole but a few dropped shots on the way in meant he was one point back on 39 points, but still good enough to keep Neil Holland in third place on countback. An eagle on hole 13 and three birdies was offset by a couple of bogies so Neil had to settle for third place.
You may also want to watch:
There were only three two’s this week, earning an excellent £14 each for good play
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league, Kevin Legg leads with 105 points, fifteen ahead of Mark Thomas who has 90 with Kym White and Harrison Jones both on 86 points.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution