Sidmouth Jewellers joy for David Pepperell
- Credit: Archant
There was a good field for the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford and scoring was good overall, writes John Barnard.
Leading the way and winning by an impressive three points was David (Stonky) Pepperell.
He amassed 42 points in an excellent round of golf. Fifteen pars, two birdies and an unfortunate double bogie on the eighth to mess up a great scorecard.
The win took him back to a handicap of five.
Three shots back was Jeremy Holden with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
The eighth was the only blemish on his card, a no score but lots of pars on the other holes earnt a one shot handicap reduction. Third was Paul Hackett with 38 points, the highlight being a birdie on the eighteenth.
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league table, David Burgess still has a lead but it has been trimmed to just six points by Kevin Legg who is a further five points ahead of Graham Davies.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
There were six ‘two’s, five in Division One earning £5 each and one in Division two, earning £8.
This all happened on the same day as the Club were able to announce that a new Professional was taking over with Ross Troake manning the Club Shop from now on. Also, a new manager is set to take over from Jonathan Lee in July. A Devonian, Andrew Blight is returning to his roots and we wish him well in his new appointment although sad to see Jonathan standing down after nine years of dedicated and professional service to the Club he loves so much.