Sidmouth Jewellers joy for former captain John Rockey
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won this week by former club captain John Rockey with 38 points, writes John Barnard.
It’s only a couple of months ago that he had an exceptional increase to his handicap as he had been struggling with form for some time.
Since then, his game has come back into synch and he has managed a number of good results, none better than Friday. Birdies on holes two and ten were offset by a couple of double bogies but he played steadily over the rest and now looks set for the rest of the year on a handicap of 10.
However, it was only just good enough!
Andy Pryke, winner in both the previous two weeks’ meetings, carded the same score as John, but came second on countback. Andy also had two birdies, including the difficult ninth hole and looked set for a third triumph until he suffered a ‘no score’ on the 17th.
You may also want to watch:
In third place was chair of competitions Lester Willmington, with 37 points.
He also got his place on countback as he had a better back nine than Jeremy Holden, a birdie on the 13th making the difference as Jeremy made no score on the same hole
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night table, David Burgess extended his lead to 26points with a score of 115.
Graham Davies is second on 89 points with Craig Melluish moving into third spot with 86 points.