Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Graham Davies
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Graham Davies, writes John Barnard.
Even though he is a season ticket holder, he didn’t let Exeter City’s crucial match against Cambridge the following day distract him as he won by a clear three points.
e opened by birdying the first two holes and then kept it tight until a double bogie on hole seven.
A steady back nine and a birdie on hole 17 saw him to a convincing victory.
A standard scratch of 68 showed how difficult the course is playing at present and this meant that Aston Puckey’s 36 points were enough for him to get down to a single figure golfer for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
He also birdied the first and was proceeding fairly serenely until a no score on hole 12 messed up his card. He got the lost points back with four par holes only to bogie the last two holes which will have frustrated him. Graham Vincent was third with 35 points.
In the Friday Night League, Kym White now has 41 points and a three point lead over Aston Puckey with Steve Crabb, Graham Davies and Harrison Jones a further five points back in joint third place.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
There were seven twos earning their lucky recipient £4.43.