Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Ian Watson
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was played on a beautiful autumn day when the views which much better than the golf for some of us, writes John Barnard.
Not so for Ian Watson though, for he won with an excellent 40 point score.
He had a poor start, but on the back nine, off his 20 plus handicap, he managed four pars and then birdie on the last hole guaranteed his win.
In second place, with 39 points, was Simon Knowles with a steady round, and he birdied the last hole with an excellent chip and putt. Third was Neil Faulkner who was going well all round, but after birdying the 15th hole, it just slipped a little to let the others get ahead of him.
The shot of the day was from Mark Laird.
You may also want to watch:
Off the yellow tees, Sidmouth is just over 5,000 yards in length, but Mark’s tee shot on the first went straight into the hole on the 18th green (really only about 100 yards away).
Much amusement all round, unrepeatable by Mark in 100 years of trying quite possibly!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
With only one round left in the Order of Merit, David Burgess has a 28 point lead and so has won the league with a week to spare, well done David, I didn’t jinx you after all!