Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Jeremy Holden
- Credit: Archant
There was no Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League last week as the course was waterlogged, writes John Barnard.
However, this week it was won by Jeremy Holden, continuing his fine run of form - although this was his first Friday win.
Despite a ‘blob’ on the 10th, he played well on the back nine with a string of pars from holes 12 to 16 and then birdied the 17th to amass 39 points.
Harrison Jones was second with 38 points. He was unusually consistent with eleven pars in the first 15 holes, but then blew it by bogeying each of the last three holes. There was then a three-point gap back to club captain Richard Powell, who was third with 35 points, beating three other players on countback, including current league leader Kevin Legg. Richard birdied the second but a couple of double bogies on the front nine didn’t help.
Six pars on the back nine were enough to earn him third though.
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League table, Kevin Legg has amassed a 31 point lead with Lewis White in second place with Kym White in third.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
- 9 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution