Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Kevin Legg
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was very much rain affected with few players venturing out, writes Hugh Dorliac
However, Friday stalwart Kevin Legg gave it a strong attempt and made a good fist of it.
Legg scored 37 points to win the competition, just pipping David Pepperell, who came in second with 36.
Richard Powell came in third on countback with 33 points.
Luckily for the golfers, the following Monday's Upper Crust Bakery stableford had much better weather.
You may also want to watch:
The improved conditions helped 70 entrants and the standard of scoring was much higher with 25 per cent of entrants achieving par or better.
Terry Jones headed the field with an impressive 43 points, which was one ahead of the second placed Mike Dibble.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Kym White rounded out the podium in third. Handicaps were improved in all cases.