Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Kevin Legg
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was very much rain affected with few players venturing out, writes Hugh Dorliac
However, Friday stalwart Kevin Legg gave it a strong attempt and made a good fist of it.
Legg scored 37 points to win the competition, just pipping David Pepperell, who came in second with 36.
Richard Powell came in third on countback with 33 points.
Luckily for the golfers, the following Monday's Upper Crust Bakery stableford had much better weather.
You may also want to watch:
The improved conditions helped 70 entrants and the standard of scoring was much higher with 25 per cent of entrants achieving par or better.
Terry Jones headed the field with an impressive 43 points, which was one ahead of the second placed Mike Dibble.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 3 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
Kym White rounded out the podium in third. Handicaps were improved in all cases.