Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Kym White
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Kym White, continuing his great run of form this season, writes John Barnard.
Strangely, the first two in the prizes didn’t score on the first hole but then both birdied the second.
Kym also birdied the fourth hole to give him a solid outward nine of 21 points.
He had a couple of double bogies on the back nine, but a birdie on hole 17 and a few more three pointers gave him a two point win.
In second place was Duncan Taylor playing off a handicap of two so no scoring the first was about as bad a start as he could get.
You may also want to watch:
However, from the second hole onwards, he was three under gross, including four birdies to record an excellent 39 points.
Graham Davies was third with a strangely inconsistent round. Double bogies on holes 13 and 15, messed up the card which also included four birdies, including holes 17 and 18, for a great finish and 38 points.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
In the Friday night league, Kym’s great win means he leapfrogs back into first place, but it is tight at the top and all to play for as we half way through the playing season.