Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Kym White
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Kym White, continuing his great run of form this season, writes John Barnard.
Strangely, the first two in the prizes didn’t score on the first hole but then both birdied the second.
Kym also birdied the fourth hole to give him a solid outward nine of 21 points.
He had a couple of double bogies on the back nine, but a birdie on hole 17 and a few more three pointers gave him a two point win.
In second place was Duncan Taylor playing off a handicap of two so no scoring the first was about as bad a start as he could get.
You may also want to watch:
However, from the second hole onwards, he was three under gross, including four birdies to record an excellent 39 points.
Graham Davies was third with a strangely inconsistent round. Double bogies on holes 13 and 15, messed up the card which also included four birdies, including holes 17 and 18, for a great finish and 38 points.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
In the Friday night league, Kym’s great win means he leapfrogs back into first place, but it is tight at the top and all to play for as we half way through the playing season.