Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Lester Wilmington
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Lester Willmington, writes John Barnard.
He dropped his usual playing partner to play with his son, clearly a good move!
He didn’t do much going out and was holding it together on the back nine, but then consecutive two’s on holes 14 and 15 (both shot holes) clearly kick start his round and earn the win.
It was just as well Lester scored well on the back nine as he only won on countback from Craig Melluish, despite Craig scoring a hole-in-one on the 11th!
Having also just birdied the 10th, Craig would have been looking at a good score, but a hole-in-one can be distracting, and he let it slip over the last few holes only scoring five points in the last five holes.
You may also want to watch:
Greg Willmington was clearly inspired by his father’s play to score 37 points and take third place.
Again two bogies on the last two holes cost him.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league, Kym White is back in first place with 61 points, a measure of his much improved play this year.
Second are Steve Crabb, Harrison Jones, Kevin Legg and past winner Mark Thomas coming on hard in the mid season, all to play for.