Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Lewis White
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league meeting was won this week by the club’s former assistant professional, Lewis White, writes John Barnard.
He had a fantastic round of golf. Playing off a handicap of one, he scored 42 points despite two bogies.
These were offset by seven bogies, three on the front nine and four on the back including a run of three on holes 12, 13 and 14.
He achieved an excellent gross score of 61, five better than standard scratch.
It was just as well he played well as Neil Holland was only one point behind and amassed just the six birdies. Mark Thomas continues his recent run of good form in third place with 38 points
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league, Harrison Jones has taken the lead with 44 points, Kym White is now second with 41 points while Graham Davies and Aston Puckey share third spot on 38 points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box