Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Marc Jenkins
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by a new name on the leaders rostrum, Marc Jenkins, writes John Barnard.
Surprisingly, standard scratch was 68, so Marc’s score of 41 points was seven better leading to a two shot handicap reduction and a nice prize. Off his handicap of 19, six pars and a birdie was enough to win by two points from Nick Gingell.
Nick will be a little frustrated with his round. Four birdies but too many bogies.
An excellent back nine of one under gross including birdying the last two holes but not enough on the day.
For the second week in succession, Steve Crabb was third with 36 points. He was going well over the back nine, but a no score on the last was a disappointment.
You may also want to watch:
In the all-important Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league, a change at the top.
Steve Crabb’s good performance over the last two weeks has brought him level with Harrison Jones on 55 points.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Kym White continues to hand onto third three points back, five points ahead of the field.
There were seven two’s this week, earning their golfer £4.43 unlike last week when a two would have been worth £17.50!
It just shows, many of the same players yet prize money can vary considerably.