Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Matt Bavington
- Credit: Archant
Last Friday saw plenty of members playing in the penultimate Sidmouth Jewellers Stableford of the season, and enjoying the unseasonal good weather, writes Hugh Dorliac.
The winner on countback was Matt Bavington with 37 points, shaving one stroke off his handicap.
Also improving his handicap was in-form Howard Cushing, who came second, also with 37. The ever consistent Kevin Legg came third on 36.
This week’s Upper Crust Monday Stableford was the last of the season and it saw a new line-up of winners.
Fresh from his third place racing success in Japan, Tipton St John’s Harry Ticknell played solid golf to win with an impressive 40 points, earning him a one stroke reduction off his handicap, before heading out to Shanghai for his last race of his season.
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Marc Jenkins on 37 with Richard Trim on 35 in third.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat