Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Mike Beckman
- Credit: Archant
The good weather for many weeks was interrupted on Friday and, by the afternoon, some unpleasant wet and windy weather had arrived, writes John Barnard.
This seemed to suit the higher handicappers who swept the prizes in the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford.
It was won by Mike Beckman. Not on the leaders board all season, Mike managed to win twice in one week as he won the Monday Stableford as well!
He scored 40 points on Friday off his slightly reduced handicap, managing six pars to get him over the line by one shot, beating Steve Johnston’s 39 points.
Steve played well for 16 holes including a birdie on the sixth, but two no scores, including the final hole, consigned him to second place.
You may also want to watch:
Bob Andrews was third with 38 points, winning on countback from Kevin Legg who has run into some late season form.
In the order of merit, David Burgess has a massive 30 point lead and surely now cannot be caught.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections