Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Nicholas Bacon
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league had two juniors in the prizes, both playing away from their ‘home’ club, but showing talent always finds a way, writes John Barnard.
In first place, was Nicolas Bacon with a splendid 44 points.
Playing off a handicap of 28 (now reduced to 25), he managed three pars and some other points on holes for which he received two shots.
In second place was Haydon McCance who seems to enjoy doing well in the Sidmouth competitions.
Playing off a handicap of five, he started with seven pars, then a bogie and a birdie for a great outward nine. Not so good on the back nine, but he still managed to score 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Thomas was third. Not a teenager for some time, so no hat-trick of youngsters in the top three, but he did record a solid score of 36 points, built on a back nine of one over gross.
In the Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday Night League table, Kevin Legg is now leading with 85 points, demonstrating consistent play off his current handicap.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Kym White is second on 80 points and third is Mark Thomas on 75.