Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Philip Postlethwaite
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Philip Postlethwaite who shot 41 points and received a good handicap reduction to 21, writes John Barnard.
Three pars and a birdie on the tenth got the job done and he won by a clear three points from Paul Renken.
He also birdied the 10th, and an eagle on hole 13, smartened up his card, but he couldn’t take advantage with a few points slipping away over the last few holes.
Paul was one of three on 37 points holding off Mark Thomas who was third on countback.
Mark had four birdies, but these were offset by six bogies and a double to cost him a place. There were six two’s winning over a fiver each so worth having one this week.
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league, Harrison Jones has held his lead with 49 points, Kym White is now second with 46 points and there are four others on 40.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat