Sidmouth Jewellers joy for Terry O’Brien
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by long standing club member Terry O’Brien, writes John Barnard.
He had a steady if unspectacular front nine of 17 points, but then played really well over the back nine, amassing 21 points to score 38.
In second place was Paul Hackett. He has been having lessons with club professional Ross Troake and has practiced hard to put the guidance into play and will be delighted with his second place on 37 points.
Two ‘blobs’ so it could have been better, but a handicap reduction and a step in the right direction.
Steve Crabb was third with 36 points, continuing his run of good form.
You may also want to watch:
He also managed 21 points on the back nine with just a bogie on hole sixteen interrupting eight other pars.
Just as well, as the other in form player, Lewis White scored the same as did Jeremy Holden, but Crabby held them off on countback.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey