Sidmouth Jewellers joy from David Burgess
- Credit: Archant
The seventeenth round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league was marred by the bad weather at the end of last week, writes John Barnard.
After some torrential rain, it seemed likely that the event would be abandoned, but the Met Office forecast proved correct and soon after lunch, the rain cleared, the surface water disappeared from the greens and a few hardy golfers went out to play.
Leading this desperate crew was David Burgess who shot a gross 71 round totalling 38 stableford points, including two birdies, but frustratingly, he bogied 18.
Colin Mitchell was second, also with 38 points and he didn’t score on the eighth which cost him a win.
In third place, continuing his good Friday form was Mark Thomas with 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
Mark played a consistent round except he double bogied the 12th.
His third spot meant he further consolidated his Friday night league lead into 24 points over Craig Melluish who is now six points ahead of Lee Wenham in third spot.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat