Sidmouth Jewellers stableford is all White at Sidmouth.
- Credit: Archant
The latest Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won by Kym White, writes George Carr.
Clearly this golfer is equally at home on sun-drenched fairways as he is up a ladder for he won at a canter with his 41 shot success keeping him three shots clear of Mark Thomas with 38 points from a gross 69.
The latter’s strenuous efforts whilst building a new, distance-adding and elevated ‘Tiger’ tee for the stroke-index four, 16th hole have obviously not affected his swing - but then what could?
The new tee promises to be a thing of beauty and a pleasure to behold; whether it will be continue to be so regarded by those golfers already challenged quite enough is another matter entirely.
Vice captain Dave Pepperell, also on 38 points, was kept in third place only on count back and his regular appearance around the top of the leader board is a tribute to the quality of his steady golf which kept at bay M Williams, Jonathan Lee and Keith Trivett all on 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
A remarkable feature of club manager Jonathan Lee’s round were the two eagles he recorded on the first and 13th holes, carefully matched by double bogies on the 11th and 16th - golf’s a funny old game!
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club