Sidmouth Jewellers success for Andy Pryke
- Credit: Archant
It’s just like buses, wait for ages and then two come along, writes John Barnard.
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won this week by Andy Pryke, for the second Friday in succession.
Playing off a reduced handicap (now reduced again), he managed to amass 42 points, three more than last week.
In some ways it was a similar round. No birdies, but no costly double bogies so he has now lost three shots in a week! Mark Thomas was second with an excellent round of gross 67 so 41 points with three birdies, four bogies and the rest pars, an unusually consistent round for Mark.
Third was John Barnard on 38 points, glad to get a decent score after a poor season. A par, birdie, par finish got John in front of Steve Crabb in fourth place on 37.
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night table, Graham Burgess still leads by 25points with a score of 109. Graham Davies is second on 84 points with Kevin Legg now on 81.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club