Sidmouth Jewellers success for Aston Puckey
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won impressively this week, by Aston Puckey, writes John Barnard.
He scored an excellent 43 points and earnt a two shot handicap reduction.
Nine pars and a birdie off his 14 handicap showed steady scoring with nothing worse than an occasional bogie to win by five clear points.
There were two players on 38 points, separated for the prizes on countback. David Burgess benefitted from this system to take second place with a birdie on the twelfth but ‘sealed the deal’ by eagling the 18th hole with a two. Jeremy Holden was third and probably lost out with a no score on the 16th. There were only five twos in Division One earning £3. 60 per two, but there were none in Division Two so the pot will carry over to next Friday.
In the all important Sidmouth Jewellers Friday league table, David Burgess’s return to the prize winners means he has moved twelve points clear with 56 points.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Legg remains second with 44 with Graham Davies a further shot back on 43 points.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution