Sidmouth Jewellers success for Duncan Taylor.
- Credit: Archant
Duncan Taylor closed out summer season with another victory writes Chris Roberts.
Taylor scored a very impressive 41 points with a gross score of 63 strokes which included his normal average of four birdies and an eagle three on the 13th.
In recording a good score sees his handicap cut again now to just one!
His 41 points also stopped the competitions sponsor Geoff Lory winning, pushing him into second spot with 37 points. The final place went to Mr ‘Over Golfed’ with 35 points on countback over Mike Beckman also with 35 points.
James Spiller had already secured the top spot of the Friday league leaving the chasing pack to fight over the places and much to his pleasure club manager Jonathan Lee secured second place by a single point over his biggest rival Mark Thomas.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones and Graham Davis tied for the fourth spot.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal