Sidmouth Jewellers success for Duncan Taylor.
- Credit: Archant
Duncan Taylor closed out summer season with another victory writes Chris Roberts.
Taylor scored a very impressive 41 points with a gross score of 63 strokes which included his normal average of four birdies and an eagle three on the 13th.
In recording a good score sees his handicap cut again now to just one!
His 41 points also stopped the competitions sponsor Geoff Lory winning, pushing him into second spot with 37 points. The final place went to Mr ‘Over Golfed’ with 35 points on countback over Mike Beckman also with 35 points.
James Spiller had already secured the top spot of the Friday league leaving the chasing pack to fight over the places and much to his pleasure club manager Jonathan Lee secured second place by a single point over his biggest rival Mark Thomas.
You may also want to watch:
John Jones and Graham Davis tied for the fourth spot.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend