Sidmouth Jewellers success for Graham Davies
- Credit: Â© Royalty-Free/CORBIS
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won by Graham Davies, a regular in the prizes this year, writes John Barnard.
He started a great round with a two on the par four first hole.
He then played a steady front nine, but on the back nine, three more birdies meant he came back in gross 31, two better than par to win convincingly.
His handicap initially tumbled to 6.9 (his lowest ever) and then a one shot exceptional reduction was applied so he is now down to a handicap of 5.9. That might take a bit of getting used to!
In second place, was David Burgess with 40 points. David has played well in the Friday competition this year and this round further consolidated his lead in the league table.
You may also want to watch:
He started fairly steadily until he ‘blobbed’ the fifth hole. However, from the ninth David managed four birdies and an eagle on the 17th to consolidate his handicap of five. In third place was club vice captain Richard Powell.
Obviously enjoying playing competitive golf again, after a slow start he managed two birdies on the back nine which gave him a good score and some prize money.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday league table, David Burgess has 87 points and a convincing 13 point lead.
In second place is Graham Davies on 74 and Aston Puckey is a further fifteen points back on 59.