Sidmouth Jewellers success for Graham Rogers
- Credit: Archant
The tenth Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was played in good weather with the course playing very well and the greens very true and reasonably quick, writes John Barnard.
Taking advantage was Graham Rogers again with an excellent 40 points that led to an exceptional reduction under the new CONGU (Composition of the Council of National Golf Unions Limited) scoring system.
Hopefully he will be pleased that he came down from a handicap of 11 to 9, probably more so than his Emerton Court captain although he will be delighted he is playing well. Despite birdying the fifth hole, it was a quiet opening nine, but on the back nine, he came back level gross with two more birdies to seal his win.
In second place was Adrian (basher) Baldwin with 39 points. A birdie on the seventeenth for four points helped.
There were three players on 38 points, but winning on countback was Geoff Lory. A steady back nine with four pars was enough to ease him over the line
You may also want to watch:
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league David Burgess has a lead of ten points, currently with 47. Kevin Legg is in second place with 37 points and Graham Davies is now in third, three points further back.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown