Sidmouth Jewellers success for Guy Davis
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league second round had much better weather compared to previous weeks but the course is currently playing very hard, writes John Barnard.
The rough is quite high and the greens are quick but still a little bobbly so good scores are hard to achieve.
This didn’t seem to affect Guy Davis too much as he continued reducing his handicap by scoring an excellent 39 points to win on count back from Mark Thomas.
After a steady front nine, Guy scored well on the back nine and a closing birdie won the competition.
Thomas will be pleased with a return to form, usually reserved for the autumn. Four birdies and a level, gross back nine meant a good score and he was unlucky not to be the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
There were three players on 38 points but Graham Davies was third overall, complements of a better back nine which was only one over gross and off his higher handicap.
Davies accumulated around 23 points to see off Brain Margison and Craig Melluish for the final prize winning spot.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
There were only three twos overall so were unusually lucrative!