Sidmouth Jewellers success for Jeremy Fox
- Credit: Archant
The third round of the Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was played on Good Friday so there a larger filed playing than usual, writes John Barnard.
The scoring wasn’t great, partly as the greens staff have done some work on the greens and they have greatly quickened up but also, the recent excellent dry weather means the course is playing much different and it is all taking some getting used to.
Jeremy Fox took the honours with 37 points. The Billinghurst mafia started ‘en masse’ around lunchtime.
Five pars off his 22 handicap gave him many points and parring the 18th to seal his win by one point. Steve Channing was second, winning on countback from Aston Puckey.
A mixed round from Steve, two birdies, two no scores, but three pars in the last five holes kept him ahead of Aston who is point-one of a shot away from getting to single figures for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
A no score on 11 cost Aston dropping his handicap more, but a solid six pars on the final holes kept him in third place.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution