Sidmouth Jewellers success for John Billingsley
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won this week by John Billingsley with an excellent 42 points, two better than the field, writes John Barnard.
He had a mixed start to his round, two birdies in the first six holes but also a no score on the third.
From thereon, he was really steady with lots of pars and nothing worse than the occasional bogie. In second place was Harrison Jones.
First on Monday and second on Friday meant a handicap cut and an exceptional reduction of one shot means he how is a single figure player off a handicap of nine.
He probably regrets telling his wife that once he got down to single figures, he would quit golf and take up something else! Maybe she has forgot.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Knight was third with 39 points. Four birdies in seven holes meant a win was possible, but a no score on the fifth and a double bogie on hole eleven scuppered his chances.
There’s no change in the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night table, David Burgess still leads by 26points with a score of 115.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Graham Davies is second on 89 points with Craig Melluish moving into third spot with 86 points.