Sidmouth Jewellers success for Kym White
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Kym White, writes John Barnard.
Kim, who is enjoying something of a welcome resurgence in form, won with a score of 42 points.
Second to Steve Milton in last Monday’s stableford, they reversed places on Friday. Kym’s handicap has now dropped five shots in five days, single figures by next week at this rate!
Nine pars and a birdie offset by a few double bogies, just to show there is plenty of scope for further reduction, despite the exceptional reduction applied.
Steve Milton is also playing the best golf of his career, scoring 39 points even though playing off his lowest ever handicap.
You may also want to watch:
He went around the course in gross 69, four bogies offset by the one birdie and he parred the six most difficult holes on the course, a great achievement.
Third was Jonathan Lee, also on 39 points, but losing out on countback. Round the course in gross 67, bogies on holes three and four meant it looked like not a great round, but only one more bogie and birdies on holes 10 and 14 got him back on track.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist