Sidmouth Jewellers success for Matthew Bavington
- Credit: Archant
It was a busy weekend at Sidmouth Golf Club last weekend, writes Paul Lewis.
The action got under way with the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Stableford, which was a close contest between Matthew Bavington, Graham Davies and Craig Melluish.
Matthew Bavington eventually came out the winner, thanks to an excellent 11 pars and birdies on the seventh and tenth holes to return a score of 36 points.
He edged Graham Davies into second place with Graham on the same score, but Matthew had a better last nine holes. Craig Melluish was third with one point less.
Kevin Legg was the winner on Saturday of the Craig Melluish Tiling Medal with a gross score of 72, which after deduction of his handicap returned a net 66.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin was helped by two birdies in his round, one on the easiest hole on the course and the other on one of the hardest.
Neil Holland had a very creditable round of 66, but because of his very low handicap has to add one shot to his score resulting in a net 67.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Not even back-to-back birdies at the second and third could help him become victorious over Kevin.