Sidmouth Jewellers success for Mike Teague
- Credit: Archant
In the latest Sidmouth Jewellers’ Friday Stableford, 40 competitors enjoyed the pleasant sunshine to record some very good scores, writes John Rockey.
Easily the best score came from Mike Teague with 42 points, which is equivalent to playing six shots better than his handicap.
He therefore had the pleasure of losing a further two shots from his handicap and now plays off 16.
Malcolm Willoughby would have taken second place with his 39 points had he not had a ‘senior moment’ when he forgot to sign his card, so all he got for his good score was disqualification!
Malcolm’s misfortune helped Mike Beckman to grab second place instead with his 38 points which has started Beckman on the long road of handicap reduction, going from 28 to 27.
You may also want to watch:
Third, a further point back was Chris (CM) Roberts whose score was just inside the buffer zone which allows him to retain his handicap at 24.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford