Sidmouth Jewellers success once more for Aston Puckey
- Credit: Archant
I wrote last week how the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won impressively by Aston Puckey with 43 points, writes John Barnard.
He was at it again this Friday, but this time, winning with 44 points!
The opening front nine at Sidmouth is usually reckoned to be the more difficult of the two nines, but Aston, off his handicap of 12, played the first eight holes all to par which was the springboard to a great round of golf. He birdied the tenth and then didn’t play quite so well on the back nine, but nothing worse than bogies kept his score ticking over. His handicap was reduced from 12 to 10, and then an exceptional two shot reduction to eight which will take some getting used to!
In second place was Jeremy Holden. Not the best front nine with a couple of no scores and a double bogie, but then on the back nine, he only dropped one shot off his handicap of thirteen.
In third place was Craig Melluish, showing some return to form with 37 points.
You may also want to watch:
He eagled the thirteenth and then parred the last three holes to keep him one ahead of the field.
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday league table, David Burgess’s lead has been trimmed to seven points with Aston Puckey’s recent form moving him to second place, one ahead of Graham Davies.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour