Sidmouth Jewellers victory for Chris Roberts
- Credit: Â© Royalty-Free/CORBIS
The Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford was won by Chris Roberts who scored 39 points, writes John Barnard.
Level gross through six holes gave him a great start. There was a bit of a wobble around the turn, but a solid last six holes gave him a win by just the one point.
Brian Margison had 38 points in second place. However, Brian will be a bit disappointed for, after a no score on the third, he played solid golf with lots of pars off his handicap of 16 and then, inexplicably, he no scored on the 18th!
In third place was Geoff Lory, setting off early to beat the crowds, he didn’t have a great start but a good back nine earnt him 37 points.
In the order of merit, David Burgess maintained his solid lead and is now on 93 points, 21 ahead of Graham Davies (still getting used to his new handicap of six) with Aston Puckey a further 15 points back.
You may also want to watch:
There is a long way to go still, but its difficult to see David being pegged back given his current handsome lead.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat