Sidmouth Jewellers win for Harrison Jones
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Harrison Jones, obviously in form as he was also second last week, writes John Barnard.
Not a high scoring day; the course is becoming increasingly tough as the autumn takes hold. No run on the ball and the rough is more difficult and lush so good scoring is difficult.
Harrison scored 38 points winning by two points. Not the most consistent round, a birdie on the second was followed by no scores on holes three and four.
He then steadied up and three more birdies on the back nine was enough to seal the win by two points.
Veteran golfer Pat McCormack rolled back the years to come second on 36 points. A birdie on the first was then followed by some consistent golf with lots of pars, the only blemish being a ‘double’ on the eighth.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Bavington was third with 35 points, beating two other players on countback due to a level gross back nine. There were only five twos this week.
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league table, Kevin is 39 points in the lead and cannot now be beaten. Well played, Kevin, consistent golf over seven months has been rewarded.
- 1 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Harrison Jones’s good form has seen him leap into second place, ten points ahead of Lewis White in third place.