Sidmouth Jewellers win for Mark Thomas
- Credit: Archant
The sixth round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League was won by Mark Thomas, who played a fairly consistent round to achieve 37 points.
Thomas was one over gross on the back nine to win by two from John Jones.
Jones was one under gross on the front nine to set himself up for a good score, but then bogied the last four holes, costing him another victory.
It was a day for the lower handicappers as David Pepperill came in third with a score of 34 points, winning on countback fom Steve Crabbe.
It was an unusually inconsistent day for David, with two birdies and a number of pars, but quite a few bogies and a double bogie to mar his score.
You may also want to watch:
The Friday Night League is now led by Thomas on 30 points, following his victory with Jones second on 29 points and James Spiller slipping to third place.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections