Sidmouth Jewellers win for Mark Thomas
- Credit: Archant
The sixth round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League was won by Mark Thomas, who played a fairly consistent round to achieve 37 points.
Thomas was one over gross on the back nine to win by two from John Jones.
Jones was one under gross on the front nine to set himself up for a good score, but then bogied the last four holes, costing him another victory.
It was a day for the lower handicappers as David Pepperill came in third with a score of 34 points, winning on countback fom Steve Crabbe.
It was an unusually inconsistent day for David, with two birdies and a number of pars, but quite a few bogies and a double bogie to mar his score.
You may also want to watch:
The Friday Night League is now led by Thomas on 30 points, following his victory with Jones second on 29 points and James Spiller slipping to third place.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss