Sidmouth Jewellers win for Steve Crabb
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week Steve Crabb with 41 points, writes John Barnard.
Steve has had a great season, regularly in the prizes and winning lots of money off his friends!
He started with three birdies in the first five holes, then handed a couple back!
Two more birdies on the back nine and playing in level gross was enough to reduce him to his lowest ever handicap of 5.5.
In second place was Lewis White, also having a strong season.
You may also want to watch:
Now playing off scratch, three birdies in the last six holes was enough to give him 38 points which was just enough to push Kevin Legg into third place on countback.
Kevin’s third place was sufficient to extend his lead over Kym White and Harrison Jones in the Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night table to 13 points.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 7 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
There remains a long time to go, but on this form, Kevin’s lead is looking good to win the overall title unless someone makes a late run.