Sidmouth Jewellers win for Watson
- Credit: Archant
The 22nd round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league was won by Ian Watson with 41 points, writes John Barnard.
Playing well, his handicap has been reduced to 20. Four pars on the back nine and nothing worse than a bogie was the key to his success.
Regular appearances in the front three this year from Chris Roberts and Friday was no exception. A second place with 40 points, including two birdies in three holes meant his handicap is again reduced to 10 (not single figures yet despite being 9.9!).
Geoff Lory was third; he does seem to play well on Fridays. Again with 40 points, he just lost out on countback despite birdying hole ten and getting a number of pars on the back nine.
Landlord Chris Ward also scored 40 points on this high scoring Friday, but was unable to get in the prizes so was most unlucky.
You may also want to watch:
There was no change in the leadership of the Friday night league.
Mark Thomas returned from his holidays still massively in the lead and extended it again to 29 points, surely unassailable at this late stage of the season.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Lee Wenhan remains three points ahead of Craig Melluish, but is now 29 points behind the leader.