Sidmouth Jewllers win for Damion Gee
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Jeweller’s Friday night league was won this week by Damion Gee, writes John Barnard.
Damian started golf at Sidmouth as a youngster and went on to represent the club, the county and was twice county champion. More recently, he has moved to Wales and is Manager at Ashburnham Golf Club, one of the top Welsh clubs.
He was down for the weekend and took the opportunity to play in the stableford and his victory demonstrated the class player he is.
Five birdies and 13 pars, not one dropped shot gave him a stableford score of 43 points and a convincing victory to the delight of his many friends and admirers at the club.
He played with John Rockey who was inspired to one of his best rounds in recent times coming in second with 39 points.
You may also want to watch:
Not the best front nine for John, but a birdie on the tenth led to a number of pars and a welcome handicap reduction.
Lawrence Hill was third with 38 points, a better back nine got him ahead of Lewis White on countback.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
In the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League, Kevin Legg is still ahead of Mark Thomas with with Kym White and Harrison Jones in joint third place.