Sidmouth ladies B bank all eight points in Newton Abbot fixture
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies B banked eight points from a splendid home success over Newton Abbot B.
The ladies were back on court just four days after their The match took place in strong blustery winds and squally showers interspersed with blinding sun which made it very much a battle against the elements as a tennis contest!
The pairings were once again, Marlene Maynard with Jackie Ensall and Vici Topping with Kate Truman.
Clearly determined to improve on their result from four nights earlier, both pairing set about their work with real gusto.
Topping and Truman struggled to get into their game and were 4-1 down in the first set, but managed to pull it all together to win the first rubber 7-6, 6-1, with Topping demonstrating some great finesse at the net.
You may also want to watch:
With their confidence back, they then easily won their second rubber 6-2, 6-3; Truman finishing the match with an ace!
Meanwhile, Maynard and Ensall played a strong game and quickly dispatched their opponents in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2 against the first pair and 6-2, 6-3 against the second.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The victory sees the team climb to fourth place in the division.