Sidmouth ladies B bank all eight points in Newton Abbot fixture
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies B banked eight points from a splendid home success over Newton Abbot B.
The ladies were back on court just four days after their The match took place in strong blustery winds and squally showers interspersed with blinding sun which made it very much a battle against the elements as a tennis contest!
The pairings were once again, Marlene Maynard with Jackie Ensall and Vici Topping with Kate Truman.
Clearly determined to improve on their result from four nights earlier, both pairing set about their work with real gusto.
Topping and Truman struggled to get into their game and were 4-1 down in the first set, but managed to pull it all together to win the first rubber 7-6, 6-1, with Topping demonstrating some great finesse at the net.
You may also want to watch:
With their confidence back, they then easily won their second rubber 6-2, 6-3; Truman finishing the match with an ace!
Meanwhile, Maynard and Ensall played a strong game and quickly dispatched their opponents in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2 against the first pair and 6-2, 6-3 against the second.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
The victory sees the team climb to fourth place in the division.