Sidmouth Ladies bag Masons Trophy joy
It’s a big hooray for Sidmouth Ladies this week as they bounced back from cup disappointment to net success sin another cup, writes Susie Bonnell.
After the disappointment of an early exit from the Yetton Trophy the ladies sent their B team into Masons Trophy second round action against Honiton B.
The format was one team home and one team away, but given the fact that Honiton ladies are always a force to be reckoned with, it was never going to be anything other than a very difficult hurdle to overcome! Sidmouth ladies certainly found their form at home, racking up a splendid 27-9 success. There was no such joy for the away team, who, despite a valiant effort, went down 21-13.
However, the scores are combined in this competition and, a 40-30 score in favour of Sidmouth send them into the third round of this prestigious trophy.
Well done to the winning rink of skip Eileen Hewett, Jean Brimson, Evelyn Clements and Phyl Nobbs. All involved at Sidmouth ladies’’ wish the team the best of luck for a long and successful masons Trophy cup run.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Ladies hosted their old friends, Axminster, in a friendly game of triples last week.
As always, it was nip and tuck to see who would be the overall winner, particularly as Axminster won on two of the three rinks, but on this occasion the overall result was an honourable draw at 52-all.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
It was thanks to skip Jill Bishop and her team of Elaine Reed and Eileen Stribling with their success of 25-10 that ultimately led to the overall tied scores.