Sidmouth ladies bank all ten points in Lane victory against Isca
Sidmouth Ladies played their second Lane match of the season when they took on an Isca side only able to field three teams on the day, thus giving us a two point advantage at the start.
Sidmouth played well, winning on all three rinks, gaining the maximum ten points and winning 60-43. Well done, ladies.
The same afternoon Sidmouth Men played Plymouth in the County Trophy Over-60s League.
Always strong opponents, Plymouth won the day comfortably, winning by three rinks to one, but well done, to our winning home rink of Wilf Radburn, Dutch Holland, Bert Hague and skip Dennis Denner.
The first round of the Men’s Denny Cup was played last Saturday with Dawlish the opposition for the usual two rink at home, two away contest.
You may also want to watch:
Always a testing competition Sidmouth made heavy weather of the game, only winning on one away rink, and losing overall by 37 shots.
Well done, to our winning rink of Ray Tallent, John Brown, John Chew and skip Bob Daniels who won by two shots.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
Chudleigh came to play a mixed friendly match on Sunday and, following an enjoyable afternoon’s bowling Sidmouth won on all three rinks and by a score of 69-42.
The best performing rink was that of Marie Timms, Wilf Radburn, Sheila Ingyon and skip Dave Lever who won by 29 shots to 14.
On Tuesday of this week the Ladies’ County President of the Devon County Ladies Indoor Bowling Association, Mavis Wellington, brought three rinks of county players to play the Sidmouth Ladies.
All three rinks had a very enjoyable game with Sidmouth winning two of the three rinks, but the DCLIBA won overall by 61 to 52 shots. Well done, on beating the county players, to our two winning rinks, Mary Smith, Phyll Nobbs, Jane Painter and skip Eileen Hewett who won by five shots, and Sue Mison, Beryl Sparkes, Zena Johnson and skip Jill Bishop who won by three shots.
A delicious lunch was provided after the match by Chris Radburn, Marie Timms and Maureen Lamb.