Sidmouth ladies begin 2017 with win over Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies welcomed ladies from Honiton for a friendly match of indoor bowls, writes Susie Bonnell.
It was good to get those bowling arms going, after the long break for Christmas and New Year!
It seems that the advantage lay with the Sidmouth ladies, as they won overall with a winning score of Sidmouth 64 Honiton 41.
The top rink for Sidmouth was played by Mary Smith, Janice Quinn, Sheila Lockwood and skipped by Carol Smith.
In other action Sidmouth ladies once again welcomed one of their close neighbours - Axminster - for a friendly match.
You may also want to watch:
On this occasion Sidmouth had a win on two rinks and lost on the third to Axminster.
Overall, it was a win for Sidmouth with a final aggregate score of
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
Sidmouth 67 and Axminster 52, with the winning Sidmouth rink played by Wendy Cox, Pat Harvie, Anita Mason and skip, Zena Johnson.
As always, these friendly matches with good neighbours give a great opportunity to catch up on news whilst playing good competitive bowls. Well done Sidmouth ladies - a good start to the New Year.