Sidmouth ladies bowl to County League success over Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies were in action last week playing another round of County League matches, writes Zena Johnson.
The Lane teams played against Mid Devon (Tiverton) on Wednesday with two teams at home and two away.
Sidmouth ladies had a spectacular result winning on all four rinks earning themselves the maximum 10 points.
The highest scoring rink was skipped by Phyl Nobbs, supported by Karen Hollingdale, Mary Bristow and Jean Green, who won 25-10.
There remains just one more match in the Lane League this season, the March 4, meeting with Plymouth.
You may also want to watch:
The Foxlands teams played against Honiton on Thursday, two teams at home and two away.
Sidmouth ladies won on one rink against very strong opposition from Honiton and earned two points.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
The winning rink was skipped by Eileen Hewett, supported by Jean Brimson, Jean Green and Shirley Rose.
The last of the league games for this season for the Foxlands teams will be against Exonia on March 5.