Sidmouth ladies bowl to County League success over Mid Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies were in action last week playing another round of County League matches, writes Zena Johnson.
The Lane teams played against Mid Devon (Tiverton) on Wednesday with two teams at home and two away.
Sidmouth ladies had a spectacular result winning on all four rinks earning themselves the maximum 10 points.
The highest scoring rink was skipped by Phyl Nobbs, supported by Karen Hollingdale, Mary Bristow and Jean Green, who won 25-10.
There remains just one more match in the Lane League this season, the March 4, meeting with Plymouth.
You may also want to watch:
The Foxlands teams played against Honiton on Thursday, two teams at home and two away.
Sidmouth ladies won on one rink against very strong opposition from Honiton and earned two points.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
The winning rink was skipped by Eileen Hewett, supported by Jean Brimson, Jean Green and Shirley Rose.
The last of the league games for this season for the Foxlands teams will be against Exonia on March 5.