Sidmouth ladies bowl to victory at Exonia to reach last four of Top Club Lacemakers competition
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies recorded a famous success last Sunday when they played in the new Top Club Lacemakers competition, writes Stephen Birley.
The team comprised of eleven players to contest five disciplines in the meeting with Exeter based opposition Exonia.
The contest is played on a home and away basis and, on this occasion the two-wood singles, the pairs and the fours were played at Sidmouth and the four-wood singles and the triples were played at Exonia.
Sidmouth rose splendidly to the challenge winning three of the five disciplines thus qualifying for the semi-finals to be played at Honiton on March 8.
Ann Capon was victorious in her two-wood singles contest landing a 17-7 shot.
You may also want to watch:
Jill Bishops excelled in the four-wood singles securing a 21-16 victory and Paddy Chew and Zena Johnson combined to secure success in the pairs with a 33-18 win.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!