Sidmouth ladies Centenary Trophy joy for Marie Timms
- Credit: Archant
Last Wednesday, Sidmouth ladies contested the Centenary Trophy, writes Maria Clapp.
This trophy was presented to the ladies’ section by lady captain Marie Timms and her vice captain Alison Cook in 2007, to mark the centenary year of the ladies’ section.
The winner on the day was Marie Timms herself!
In second place was Mo Borer and third place was taken by Mo Kendall.
The result was very close, with all three ladies coming in with the same score of minus one.
You may also want to watch:
The result had to be decided on countback.
Maria Clapp was the only lady to get a two, therefore winning the small pot of money!
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
This week the ladies played for medal six of the current season.
Again the competition was very close with only two points separating the top three players.
Angela Coles was the victor on the day with nett 70. Judy Ritz had nett 71 and Marian Thomas nett 72.
This resulted in these ladies having their handicaps reduced. Well done, ladies! Sheila Faulkner was the only lady to get a two.
Penny Lyne and Susan Hackett played the second round of the DCVLGA inter-club knock out competition at Teign Valley against Staddon Heights.
This proved to be a very challenging contest for our ladies, as they had to go to the 20th hole to win the match!
Penny and Susan will go through to the next round which has yet to be decided.
Today (Friday), the President’s team will have their next fixture at home against Woodbury.